Terms and Conditions
of Sale for
original items offered for sale on this site are mostly pieces consigned by fellow
collectors with similar interests, as well as some items I occasionally acquire
for resale. Purchases made here will be
treated the old fashioned way; with an examination period of one week for you
to determine whether you’re satisfied with the piece, and a full refund (less
shipping) no questions asked if you’re not.
Pretty simple. Some consignors
may have different examination periods and in those cases you will be informed
of exactly what the time frame is prior to payment. Details below.
(Terms Updated as of 12/1/21)
- Please contact me via email
with both the description
and the item number of
the piece that you are interested in to make sure it is still available.
- Also please include all of your contact
information including shipping address (zip code in U.S. or
the name of your country if international) so that your shipping charges
can be estimated into any final cost estimate as well.
Made Within the United
- Preferred payment methods are; Personal Check (all personal and
bank checks must clear prior to shipping), Certified Bank Check or Money
Order, Postal Money Orders,
Bank Wire Transfer or Western Union.
- All items must be paid for in full prior to
Payments From Outside of the United
- Payment is due in U.S. dollars, for the full
- Preferred payment method is via direct Bank Wire Transfer. For orders under $1500 there is a $30
- Any items that are put on a payment plan are
subject to a $30 wire fee for each wire payment, regardless of value.
- I also accept Western Union
- Items must be paid for in full prior to shipment.
Credit cards are not accepted at present time.
Within the United States
- I will ship domestically in the U.S. via FedEx,
fully insured by my private insurance carrier (I do not charge for the
- All FedEx packages are sent fully insured within
the United States and will require signature upon delivery.
- I can ship via the postal service on smaller
value items under $1000, insurance costs are additional and through USPS.
- Any damage to the items during shipment via the
USPS is payable to the buyer by the carrier.
- Items are generally shipped within one to three
business days of receipt and clearance of payment. When shipping by FedEx you will receive
automated email updates from FedEx with detailed tracking.
Shipping (outside the United States)
- I ship via FedEx, which I find to be fast and
safe, and can provide you an estimate on this cost. Other options are available, depending
on value and payment method.
- When shipping via FedEx, I can ship fully insured
against loss or damage during transit (it does not cover seizure or
destruction of property by order of governmental authority including under
quarantine or customs regulations or damage or loss due to acts of war or
- Buyers are liable for any customs or duty fees.
- Shipments to countries that ban Third Reich items
are at the buyers risk and the buyer is liable if the package is seized by
Examination Period and Returns
- There is a seven calendar day examination
period upon receipt of the item.
- After the examination period expires all sales become final.
- If satisfied with the purchase, a buyer may also
inform me that the sale is final prior to the expiration of the seven day period.
- Items may be returned during this examination
period, for a full refund less all shipping costs and restocking fees (if
applicable) if you are not satisfied with your purchase provided that the
item is returned in exact, un-altered and un-damaged condition. Any items that are found to have been
switched for a similar item or damaged or altered in any fashion
(including cleaning, polishing or disassembly) will be returned to the
buyer and the sale will be considered final.
- Notice to return items must be documented by
email, before expiration of the seven day
examination period. The item must then be returned within seven days of
providing notice to return.
- The majority of original items for sale on this
site are consignment. At the end of
the examination period sales are considered final and the consignor is
paid off. Your acceptance of these
terms is acknowledged when you place an order.
- Buyer pays for all shipping costs for both the
initial shipment and any returns.
Refunded balance, less all shipping/insurance costs, deposits or
re-stocking fees will be mailed within five days of receipt of returned
item provided it meets all conditions of the return.
note about layaways and payment plans;
years as prices have increased and purchasing some items can be a challenge for
the collector to pay for in one lump sum, the dealer community has adjusted and
allowed their customers to purchase items on payment plans. This has always been a “good faith” effort on
the dealer’s part to help the collector purchase an item. Unfortunately as the number of payment plans
and layaways have exponentially increased, so too have the issues of collectors
breaching the agreement and not paying on-time after dealers have essentially
provided an interest free loan. Where
this creates problems with my business is with the consignors, as they expect
to be paid off within the time frame agreed upon. The consignors are the foundation of the nice
merchandise that I’m able to uncover and offer for sale, so keeping payment
promises to them is vital….not to mention expected.
need a payment plan I will work with you and do everything possible to arrange
something that will work for all of us.
I do, however, have strict requirements in following the agreed upon
timeframe for this so please read carefully my terms below. Please also note that I do have some
consignors who will not permit a payment plan, and this is because of previous
problems with guys not paying on time as they agreed.
- Layaways and payment plans are often available,
depending on the item, and what the individual consignor will agree
to. If you are interested in a
layaway, please ask and we can discuss what can be worked out. Please also read my Standard Payment Plan terms listed below.
- Layaways are not subject to negotiation of
price! If you want a deal, be
prepared to make a single payment purchase.
- A deposit will be required, dependent upon the
items value and what is agreed upon, but generally 25% - 30% of the sale
price will be required or expected.
In some cases trade merchandise may be accepted as deposit.
- Deposits for payment plans are NON-REFUNDABLE if sale is canceled
by buyer, if item is returned or if final payment
is not completed as agreed.
- If you have multiple items on a payment plan,
nothing will be shipped until all items are paid for. Each item will require a deposit to
- If I know you or we’ve done business before, I
will hold an item for one week pending either the full payment or a
deposit to hold the item.
- A minimum deposit of 25% of the value of the item
will be required to put a piece on hold, unless other arrangements have
been agreed to.
- Hold deposits are non-refundable if you change
your mind and decide not to buy the piece or fail to make the remaining
payments within the agreed upon time.
Typically I will agree to a payment plan for most items over $500
and have standard terms for this, which are as follows;
- 90 day
term from deposit to final payoff,
in which I am providing you with interest free financing.
non-refundable Deposit of 25% - 30% of the items value is due within 7 days of agreement to hold item.
- Unless prior arrangements are agreed upon, if
full payment is not received within 90 days, the sale will be considered
in default, the deposit forfeited and the item
relisted for sale.
Depending on the item and what my consignor will agree to, in rare
instances I can offer extended payment plans on some of the higher value
items. Please contact
me to discuss what may be worked out.
Except for the length of term, all of the above other terms will be the